Crossgates Baptist Kindergarten (CBK)
Weekday Preschool & Kindergarten
Helping children discover the joy of learning!
* Classes for children who are 3 or 4 years old by September 1
* 8:15-11:30 AM
* 5-day classes – (Monday-Friday)
* 3-day classes – (Tuesday-Thursday)
* Optional extended day (Play Day) until 1:30 PM on Tuesday and Thursday
* Christian curriculum
* Experienced teachers who love children
* Hands-on learning
* Licensed by MS State Department of Health (121 Immunization Form Required)
Crossgates Baptist Kindergarten is a place where children discover that it is fun to learn! Since learning is a lifelong process, we believe that a child’s first educational experiences should be positive, and active learning is much more valuable than passive learning.
At CBK, children want to come to school. They are loved and accepted as individuals, and important and valued as children that God has created. Their learning environment is rich in hands-on experiences which allow them to think and reason, and provides a wide variety of teaching materials, which encourages creativity and decision-making. Activities cover all curriculum areas and are based on what is appropriate for the child’s stage of development.
Children at Crossgates love to learn … and learn to love … like Jesus!
LifeWay’s Weekday Early Education (WEE Learn) Curriculum provides the framework for our program. It is Biblically sound and age-appropriate, and serves as a guide for teaching through the use of activity centers that allow the teacher to work individually or with a group of children. The handwriting curriculum Handwriting Without Tears provides a strong foundation for writing, and additional materials are used to enhance science, math, and phonics.
Children may attend five days a week or three days a week (Tuesday through Thursday).
Except for beginning and ending dates, CBK follows the same student holiday schedule as the Rankin County School District.
* Worship each Wednesday in Worship Center
* Computer classes taught by ComputerTots Teachers
* Music classes taught by Music Teacher
* Field trips to enhance units of study
* Thanksgiving Program and Feast each November for children and their families
* Holiday and seasonal parties throughout the year
* Parental and community involvement through sharing of occupations or hobbies
* Community-service activity: once-a-year patriotic event to benefit a local charity
* TOT, a ball handling and dribbling program designed to build motor skills, instill good character and build self-confidence (offered as an extra-curricular class on Wednesdays)
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, an extended session is available from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM. Children bring a sack lunch and enjoy activities provided. The cost is $9 per Play Day.
Drop Off/Pick Up Procedures
As a service to parents, children may be dropped off and picked up at designated times without parents having to park and get out of their cars. Children may be dropped off at the CBK entrance from 8:15 – 8:45 AM each morning as the director helps them out of the vehicle and into the building. At 11:30 AM or 2:00 PM, children may be picked up as parents drive through the carpool line. Measures to ensure each child’s safety and security are used at all times.
Children who are 3 or 4 years old by September 1 of the current year are eligible to enroll. Children must be potty trained to attend.
Discounts are available for families with more than one child enrolled.
To enroll your child, complete the printable Registration Form below and mail along with the registration fee to:
Crossgates Baptist Kindergarten
8 Crosswoods Road
Brandon, MS 39042
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. – Proverbs 22:6